Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Closure

I turned a year older yesterday. Was it good news or bad news? Depends. My cellphone was slowly flooded by text messages greeting me, from the wee hours in the morning until late last night. I have to admit, I was kinda wishful thinking that I get a greeting from him. Fate was probably good to me, that around 2PM, I got an SMS from an unregistered number - "Hi chris. Happy birthday po. May God bless u always -- 'his name'". My face lighted up. The final closure. It doesn't really matter whether he was still thinking of me. I do, too. But now I realized that I should not resent what happened to us. I was directing my anger to him and what he did all this time, when in fact, I was really angry at myself for allowing such event to come to pass. It is true that our greatest enemy is ourselves. From day one, I had the choice to say no and spare myself of the pain and hurt that stemmed from the break-up. I forced myself to make it happen without seeing the repercusions. I have built a fantasy world to conform to what I thought was a trend. The pain was unbelievable at first. Thank God I came back to my senses early.

No comments: