Saturday, June 11, 2005

Back to School

When I graduated from singleness, my spiritual life went on a vacation that lasted for the duration of the summer holidays. It really wandered far & beyond what was expected, and even dared to cross the border. Soon it got lost and lived in a world created by my own fantasy. We were basking in the pleasure that it gives, until one was no longer satisfied leaving me devastated to the point of going insane. My head was spinning around in disbelief. My partner in that fantasy left me with a baggage that was too heavy to carry. I struggled to bring him back and continue what we’ve started, but he wants to try it with another one. He wants to create a world of his own without me. My heart was shattered trying to make sense of the promises he once told me. I was in oblivion, helpless and groping for air. I’m finding my way back but my vacation brought me so far that I couldn’t find my way home. I forgot who I was and losing my identity. Suddenly someone reminded me of who I am and what I am here for. Little did I realize that I need to go back to school already. I have had a vacation that went haywire and I will not allow it to happen again. Another school year of life to tackle, with a new identity and much higher learning.

1 comment:

jenniblue said...

amen. well said.